Saturday, June 12, 2010

Fashion Fuel

It's no surprise to those of you who know me, or have been following this blog for a bit, or read my twitter feed, that I'm a bit obsessed with fashion. And I'm not talking the "loves to shop" kind of obsessed -- that's not what drives me -- nor is that as serious as what I'm dealing with. I'm talking the weep-over-a-garment-with-careful-stitching obsessed.

I started my career in the fashion industry, working with some incredibly well-known industry icons, although at the time, I thought everyone who worked in the industry knew them. Because of this, I have an unusually skewed sense of the fashion industry and a deep respect for the creators in the field.

Fashion is my inspiration, my art. And so today, I thought I'd share with you some imagery of late that I've used as inspiration in creating ideas and thinking for clients and, well, life in general.

Pictured below is the finale from Alexander McQueen's last show, the last look he created before committing suicide in February this year. McQueen was a genius. I think of the textural layering and royal heroics of this craftsmanship at least once a week.

Hold your breath. This image below is shot by Karl Lagerfeld for the 2010 Chanel campaign. Simple, emotional, space. I'm there. You?


Not that this is even close to being complete, I will share one more series of images from photographer Pietro Birindelli. I am a bit of a Kate Moss groupie, and he's been doing some amazing work with her, as well as others. His beauty work is so varied and intense, I'm completely moved by his artistry.

I've started a side blog, called Fashion Fuel, on tumblr that will be driven mainly by fashion imagery. Feel free to join me there, as well, when you need a bit of inspiration.

What inspires you?

Images: McQueen: WWD, Chanel: Karl Lagerfeld, Kate Moss and other beauty shot: Pietro Birindelli

3 comments:

metamorphosis said...

wow, these are some very nice picks.
alexander's pieces are safely saved in my "inspire!" folder just next to many of my favourite pictures - from editorials, fashion shoots, interior and even food.

beauty is what inspires me.

冠慧 said...

Never put off till tomorrow what may be done today.................................................................

玫友 said...

It takes all kinds to make a world..................................................................

Search This Blog

Loading...
Loading...