Wednesday, June 9, 2010

All You Need is Love: World Cup Wisdom

I'm working on a Brazilian campaign for one of my clients that has nothing and everything to do with the World Cup. Despite our football marginalism, we Americans are entranced by the energy and excitement of the sparring cleated nations. But what's more engaging is the uber-frenzied love of the people and their undying affection for their teams.

Football for the world represents the collective dreams of a country. Inspiration. Courage. Hope. All emotions our brands, particularly in the social spaces must represent. Love is the most powerful motivator for action and has the power to engender true trust and loyalty. Have a look at this amazing video below created by Tam Airlines for the Brazilian soccer team as they settled into their seats readying for departure to the World Cup. How will you show love today? Maybe you should dribble a soccer ball for inspiration...


3 comments:

Miss Galino said...

while the idea behind it all is enchanting, football has never really been my thing.

even more, i find it the most boring game ever invented :)

the thing about personal preferences is indeed amusing. and no campaign, no matter how great, will make me change my mind.

p.s. it doesn't mean i can't appreciate a good video :)

Gretchen said...

Miss Galino, seeing that you are from Italy, it is interesting to read of your ennui with football. For us in America, it's the "other-worldly" thing that attracts us to soccer and particularly the World Cup. And I hear this from most of my friends in the fashion industry, who are, I think, just frustrated that they don't live in Milan like you;) All that to say, I feel the same way as you about American football.

It's really the human emotion and outpouring love that attracts me. Thanks for the comment.

佩GailBohanan1蓉 said...

The shortest answer is doing.......................................................

Search This Blog

Loading...
Loading...